SAU uses a special media system to help share students’ accomplishments and activities as personalized, engaging stories that get shared and published in social media, online and newspapers. Through Merit, students can create and share an online profile highlighting their college career. SAU students can gain achievement badges for things like being on the President’s List, Dean’s List, being a member of recognized campus organizations, athletic recognitions, being a student leader, and more.
How It Works
- Students participate in events and activities around campus.
- The Department of University Communications and Marketing is notified of a student’s achievement by e-mailing SAUnews@saumag.edu or by completing the submit a story form. A short story is written and the student is awarded a badge for their achievement.
- When the badge is posted to Merit, the local newspaper of each student is notified.
- When a badge is granted, the student receives also receives an e-mail from Merit.
- Achievements can be tweeted and shared on Facebook.
How to claim Merit page
- Visit SAU’s Merit page and type your name in the search bar.
- Click on your name and on the left side, under your name, click “Is this you?” If there is not an “Is this you” link, please email email@example.com.
- Enter your SAU email address and submit the form. Merit will send you a confirmation email.
- Claim your Merit page by signing into e-mail, Facebook or Twitter and following the prompts. You can view and claim your profile and share your achievements without using email, Facebook or Twitter; however customization options may be limited. When you claim your profile, you have several opportunities to select your own privacy settings and permissions. You may also opt out at any time.
- After you claim your page, you can add a photo and list other activities and work experience to your profile.
Why is Merit important?
Students Merit pages allows students to create a positive online reputation. It helps employers find the great things about the individual, and it recognizes accomplishments with official college badges that show they’re authentic.
Contact Aaron Street at firstname.lastname@example.org or 870-235-4027